We would love to welcome more members to the SCM family. We are always looking for volunteers to join us in reaching these often forgotten people groups with unconditional love and hope in Christ. Here are just a few ways you can get involved:
1. Check out prison ministry by going along with one of our teams as a visitor
2. Gather a list of pre-approved toiletries to fill our backpacks for newly released ex-offenders
3. Host a table or help us set up and tear down for our annual banquet
4. Visit a nursing home Bible study and then ask one of the residents to tell you about their childhood
5. Or tell us about YOUR vision. Come join us!
In 2010, more than 100 SCM servants volunteered over 30,000 hours of their time!
- NURSING HOMES: Weekly worship services at 8 facilities in 4 counties 6500 hours
- PRISONS: weekly weekend seminars, worship services & concerts - 7000 hours
- JAILS: weekly worship services and daily Bible studies and mentoring - 9450 hours
- PLATTE VALLEY YOUTH: weekly church service and 2 weekday Bible studies - 7200 hours
- TREATMENT CENTERS: Weekly Bible studies and mentoring - 450 hours
- COMMUNITY FOOD SHARE: Weekly shopping for ex-offenders and families in crisis - 500 hours
- AFTERCARE: Resume writing, mentoring, addiction counseling - 500 hours
- OFFICE ASSISTANCE: Help with fundraising, paperwork, cleaning, banquet prep - 500 hours